Tuesday 17 December 2013

EPP Christmas Stockings

A little bit of a Christmas house tour with these photo's today! For the last week or so I've been working on another EPP project in the form of these super cute stockings. They were really enjoyable to make and I'm so pleased that they turned out exactly as I'd hoped :)


I was completely inspired by these stockings I came across on Etsy, they are made from a recycled vintage quilt, which is such a great idea! Since I don't have a collection of old quilts I thought I would make new 'old' ones. I used 2" 8-point diamond paper pieces to baste the diamond shapes and then laid them randomly on the white stocking background (although they were placed to look like they would form a quilt, so they would have joining intersections if you catch my drift?). I then machine quilted the paper pieced sections, and hand quilted a petal design using this quilting stencil. To give it a nice vintage feel, I wiped it with a clean wet cloth and gave it a good scrunch and left it to air-dry naturally. 

I did the same for the back too, and tried my hand at baptist fan quilting. I love the effect it gives, and it's quite a manageable quilting style so I'm hoping to try it on a full size quilt soon :) 

I hope you like our little house too! It's been fun decorating it for Christmas this year as I've made a few more quilty things to have out on display, including the Radiant Star mini quilt on the wall. I was so excited to hang this! and my red and white pillow. I think you can tell it's a quilter's house! xo

15 comments:

  1. Love the stockings, great idea to EPP them. And your mini is amazing, how did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful and I also love those gingerbread men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stockings are really so nice! and your living room looks pretty cozy.
    Have a wonderful time!
    Jolana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, the house and all of the decorations :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stockings and the mini is to die for. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to steal your whole house, it's like something out of Country Living magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous and your sitting room is to die for. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ps wishing you a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so beautiful!! Merry Christmas to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous - they do look like stockings made from old quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. they are simply gorgeous ...
    Happy Christmas from Melbourne, Australia

    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your stockings turned out lovely! Their 'made from an old quilt' look is perfect. I love your fireplace, and your bright, cozy room. It's such a great feeling to look around your home and see beautiful handmade things everywhere--especially when they're your own creations.
    Merry Christmas from snowy, icy Michigan, USA!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your christmas decor, it all looks fab ! have a wonderful time and all good things for 2014
    susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! I love the white ones in the last photo. Wish I knew how to quilt, but it's one of those projects I'm saving for when the kids move out :-).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment. Any questions I will try to answer within the comments section so all readers can see.