Wednesday 9 October 2013

Books, Book, Books!

There's a new book hitting the shelves at the moment - with some of MY pictures in! Yes, that's right, I'm *IN* a book! Erin Burke Harris has published an all encompassing reference guide to quilting. Full of helpful hints and tips for us quilter's. I found the section on 'calculating quilt sizes' to be very useful, since I struggle with my quilt math! It gives clear instructions on bed quilt measurements, yardage and shapes per metre. I was contacted a few months ago by the picture editor asking if I would be interested submitting some images; of course I jumped at the chance! It's always such a proud feeling seeing your work in print :)

I purchased a few other quilty related books recently too. I got an old 1988 issue of the Quilter's Newsletter on eBay as I fell in love with the pink and green star quilt on the front. I just love the look of this Lone star quilt too! 
As well as a couple of other Amazon used bargains to bulk up my crafty book library! 

Oh, and for all my lovely readers that commented on my Radiant Star mini quilt - you can find the templates and instructions to make the block in 'Christmas Quilts' by Marsha McCloskey. Please click this link below to view or purchase!! It will help me find more great books in the future to share with you all. Thanks so much, x

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It is always a fun and slightly surreal thing to see your work in print. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being in print! Your photos are always beautiful! Love the old books you found......sew inspiring!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh inspirational stuff. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can we purchase Quiltessential?? I've been looking for a quilting reference guid for ages!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations !! can't wait your book comes to the store near my home..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations how exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Sweetie! Your photography is dreamy. You were destined to be published. :) xo k

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats you must be so chuffed!! Thanks for my order received it today xxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely book and such lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Jessie! So exciting for you!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done you! Dreamy photographs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know this is an older post but by coincidence I found this magazine in an op shop a while ago and have made the Wandering Turkey. Great pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment. Any questions I will try to answer within the comments section so all readers can see.