Thursday 28 February 2013

Our First Home: Dining Room Update

We've been quite busy on the house front lately, with lots of ideas planned and DIY's going on over the weekends. Robin sometimes get's fed up with the fact that every weekend - without fail! I always have a DIY job for him to do - whether that be putting up a shelf, hanging some hooks, adding wood paneling to the entrance hall, or even re-doing the bathroom!! But ... I'm always there alongside him, holding the drill, applying the paint and sweeping up after ;) team effort I'd say! 
    So last weekend was no different, there was a new wall shelf to be hung in the dining room. I picked this pretty bland pine shelf up at my local auction for £8, bargain :) with 2 coats of primer and a couple more coats of white satin wood it was good to go!
I went with a white finish as I have a lot of bright painted wooden furniture already. Multicolour chairs, cabinet and a coloured shelf might be a bit overkill, no?! It houses more of my ever-growing collection of kitchen paraphernalia, perfectly :)

(please ignore the mess in the living area in photo above!) I also whipped up these tie-backs for my curtains this morning, just simple bows for a kitschy feel :) just love the cheery print, so pretty. 
I'm sooo excited for this weekend as we are going to be making big shelves for the laundry room, to store all our towels and linen on! Yippee, I really want to make it into a nice space, we're just in the middle of creating a peg rail too. Can't wait to share more with you.
Have you got any home reno plans over the next few days? xo

15 comments:

  1. Cute little shelf! I noticed those awesome floor boards too ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable place! LOVE The shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All lovely and i am sure all the hard work is worth it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had such an enchanting view out my window! That door!!! But the whole kitchen is lovely, so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weekend DIY projects always leave me feeling exhausted in the best way possible. All the efforts paid off on your shelf. It's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shelf, looks much better white. Also love the colour of your cabinet.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet tie backs... and the curtain fabric is just dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your kitchen curtains! You have a lovely home, Jesse. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. V pretty room - super jealous of your Pyrex too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fab Jessie and I love those pots too, I've been coveting them in John Lewis for a while myself! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wallpaper is so nice! I think I could stare at it for an hour! Hahahaha lovely curtain as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so great ! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! What is the curtain fabric called? It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! Love the gorgeous quilt you made in your last post too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it all, the colours and retro kitsch feel is exactly my taste, I especially love the simple way you have tied the curtains x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment. Any questions I will try to answer within the comments section so all readers can see.