Tuesday 22 October 2013

Red and Green

I have two finished Christmas projects to show you today! I feel quite good about getting things done on-time this year. Over the weekend I started drafting an ocean waves quilt pattern, with the intention it would become a pillow. I decided on a large block size to accommodate a 20" pillow form and quilted it in grid lines to accentuate the design. 

As you can tell I'm really into red and green solids right now! They look so fresh and crisp. I have a bunch of old quilting books featuring vintage quilt patterns and I couldn't help but be inspired by the traditional Christmas colour's and styles. 

I also finished my radiant star mini quilt! So happy with this :) is it Christmas already so I can hang it up!? Who know's, maybe I'll have time for an all red and white quilt before the season is upon us? p.s. I the measurements for my ocean waves pillow so I will post a tutorial soon, be sure to check back. xo

13 comments:

  1. These really pop. I especially love the Green and red with the white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their crispness, very scandinavian.
    I am making a mini quilt for a gift which has turned out quite christmassy.
    Wont be long now ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blocks! What quilting book are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're beautiful. Those vintage quilts would fit in well with today's 'modern' quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare is right on! Very scandinavian.......love white and red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and I really love the Christmas mini quilt!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is absolutely gorgeous as usual:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous, so pretty and christmassy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!! I love the pops of green and red together!! Happy sweet week to you! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, these are lovely ! and so beautifully pieced, all points on display and perfectly pointy ! I do know how tricky that can be but you make it look easy.
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so beautiful and Christmasy... and just love the festive Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty! what colors did you use for the star quilt?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment. Any questions I will try to answer within the comments section so all readers can see.